LINCOLNTON, N.C., Dec. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Carolina Trust Bank (Nasdaq:CART) today announced that the company's Board of Directors has appointed Jerry L. Ocheltree, formerly of First Bank, as President and Chief Executive Officer effective January 1, 2014.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22828
In its search for a new CEO, the Board sought a candidate with a proven track record of success running and profitably growing community banks. "We had very specific criteria for our new CEO, and we were very deliberate in our search – Jerry met or exceeded our criteria and he is the right person to lead Carolina Trust," said Johnathan L. Rhyne, Jr., Chairman of the Board of Directors. "Jerry has led three community banks with significant successes at each. His experience leading banks larger than Carolina Trust has prepared him to manage our bank during this time of economic recovery. We are confident that our customers, employees and investors will welcome this development."Following chief executive positions at Premier South Bank in Wytheville, Virginia and First Virginia Bank, also in Wytheville, Virginia, Ocheltree was recruited in 1998 to join First Bank to run its largest region. In 2005 he was elevated to President and Chief Executive officer. As chief executive at First Bank, Ocheltree had oversight for the strategic direction and daily operations of the entire bank and worked with his senior management team to establish the company's mission and vision. Under his leadership, First Bank grew from $1.5B in assets to more than $3.4B in assets in seven years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV