ITASCA, Ill., Dec. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of Cleaveland Insurance Group located in Rock Island, Illinois. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1868, Cleaveland Insurance Group (CIG) is a retail insurance broker providing property/casualty, employee benefits and risk management insurance services for their middle-market clients throughout the central United States. Phyllis Schwindt, Tom McGovern, Kevin O'Hara and their associates will continue to operate in their current location under the direction of Thomas J. Gallagher, head of Gallagher's Midwest property/casualty brokerage operations, and William Ziebell, head of Gallagher's North Central employee benefit brokerage and compensation consulting operations.
"For more than 140 years, CIG has been providing their clients with a full range of business and individual insurance coverage. They are well known and respected in the industry for their emphasis on sales and service quality," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "Their depth of experience, Quad cities location and focus on team-based culture will be an excellent complement to our property/casualty and benefits brokerage operations. We are extremely pleased to welcome Phyllis, Tom, Kevin and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 24 countries and offers client service capabilities in more than 140 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.CONTACT: Marsha J. AkinDirector – Investor Relations630-285-3501 or email@example.com SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV