Another under-$10 electrical components and equipment player that's starting to move within range of a near-term breakout trade is Active Power (ACPW), which designs, manufactures and markets power solutions that provide business continuity and protect customers in the event of an electrical power disturbance. Its products deliver clean power, protecting customers from voltage fluctuations. This stock has hasn't done much so far in 2013, with shares off by 6.7%.
If you take a look at the chart for Active Power, youll notice that this stock recently formed a double bottom chart pattern at $2.82 to $2.80 a share. Since forming that bottom, shares of ACPW have started to uptrend and move back above its 50-day moving average of $2.94 a share. That move is quickly pushing shares of ACPW within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.Market players should now look for long-biased trades in ACPW if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.14 to $3.23 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 87,166 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then ACPW will set up to re-test or possibly take its next major overhead resistance levels at $3.65 to $3.76 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then give ACPW a chance to tag its next major overhead resistance levels at $4 to $4.20, or even $4.50 a share. Traders can look to buy ACPW off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day moving average at $2.94 a share, or near its double bottom zone at $2.80 a share. One can also buy ACPW off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV