NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Google's (GOOG - Get Report) Chrome OS proved popular this holiday, taking two out of three top spots in the laptop category in Amazon's (AMZN) list of best selling items. Shares of Google are up 0.5% to $1116.85.
Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer were the first and third best-selling laptops on Amazon this holiday season, respectively. The second-place spot went to the Asus Transformerbook which runs Microsoft's (MSFT - Get Report) Windows 8 operating system. There were no Apple (AAPL) laptops in the top three.
News of Amazon's sales comes shortly after an NPD report that estimates that Chromebooks accounted for 9.6% of all PC and tablet shipments from January to November 2013. The research group previously estimated that Google now controls between 20% and 25% of the $300 or less PC laptop market.
TheStreet Ratings team rates GOOGLE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
Must Read: Why 3D Systems (DDD) Is Still A "Buy"
"We rate GOOGLE INC (GOOG) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GOOG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although GOOG's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.06 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.50, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.41% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 50.84% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GOOG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GOOGLE INC has improved earnings per share by 34.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GOOGLE INC increased its bottom line by earning $32.47 versus $29.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($44.08 versus $32.47).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 36.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2,176.00 million to $2,970.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GOOG Ratings Report