The video this transcript is based on appeared on December 26.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wells Fargo Advisors' Scott Wren says that while there will be volatility in the markets over the next several months he expects the markets to end 2014 roughly 7% higher than where they are today.
Now Scott, as we look out to 2014 we've seen the markets move higher this year, will they continue to move higher next year or will they take a breather?
Well Ruben, I think by the end of the year 2014 the market will be higher than where we are now by five-six-seven percent possibly. But I think in the next few months or the next quarter or two we're going to see some more volatility which really, I would welcome because really the markets moved with it very shallow pullbacks over the course the last six or nine months, a lot of our clients still holding too much cash. I'd love to see a little volatility, I'd love to see some pullback and I think that's what we're going to see over the course the next course of the next three or four months.
Scott, thank you so much. In New York, I'm Ruben Ramirez, thanks for joining us.
Written by Ruben Ramirez in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV