On 12/27/13, Sunstone Hotel Investors Inc's 8.0% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (SHO.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.50, payable on 1/15/14. As a percentage of SHO.PRD's recent share price of $25.70, this dividend works out to approximately 1.95%, so look for shares of SHO.PRD to trade 1.95% lower — all else being equal — when SHO.PRD shares open for trading on 12/27/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.77%, which compares to an average yield of 7.82% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, SHO.PRD was trading at a 3.00% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of SHO.PRD shares, versus SHO:
Below is a dividend history chart for SHO.PRD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.50 on Sunstone Hotel Investors Inc's 8.0% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Sunstone Hotel Investors Inc (SHO) makes up 1.50% of the SPDR Russell 2000Low Volatility ETF (SMLV) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV