On 12/27/13, U.S. Bancorp's Series B Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock (USB.PRH) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.2236, payable on 1/15/14. As a percentage of USB.PRH's recent share price of $19.36, this dividend works out to approximately 1.16%, so look for shares of USB.PRH to trade 1.16% lower — all else being equal — when USB.PRH shares open for trading on 12/27/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 4.59%, which compares to an average yield of 5.97% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, USB.PRH was trading at a 22.12% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of USB.PRH shares, versus USB:
Below is a dividend history chart for USB.PRH, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.2236 on U.S. Bancorp's Series B Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, U.S. Bancorp (USB) makes up 19.76% of the iShares U.S. Regional Banks ETF (IAT) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV