On 12/27/13, Hospitality Properties Trust's 7.125% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares (HPT.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4453, payable on 1/15/14. As a percentage of HPT.PRD's recent share price of $23.48, this dividend works out to approximately 1.90%, so look for shares of HPT.PRD to trade 1.90% lower — all else being equal — when HPT.PRD shares open for trading on 12/27/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.61%, which compares to an average yield of 7.82% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, HPT.PRD was trading at a 6.40% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of HPT.PRD shares, versus HPT:
Below is a dividend history chart for HPT.PRD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4453 on Hospitality Properties Trust's 7.125% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) makes up 4.89% of the KBW Premium Yield Equity REIT Portfolio ETF (KBWY) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV