On 12/27/13, Hospitality Properties Trust's 7.125% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares (HPT.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4453, payable on 1/15/14. As a percentage of HPT.PRD's recent share price of $23.48, this dividend works out to approximately 1.90%, so look for shares of HPT.PRD to trade 1.90% lower — all else being equal — when HPT.PRD shares open for trading on 12/27/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.61%, which compares to an average yield of 7.82% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, HPT.PRD was trading at a 6.40% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of HPT.PRD shares, versus HPT:
Below is a dividend history chart for HPT.PRD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4453 on Hospitality Properties Trust's 7.125% Series D Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) makes up 4.89% of the KBW Premium Yield Equity REIT Portfolio ETF (KBWY) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV