NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It seems as if nothing can stop the Twitter (TWTR) train. By midday on Thursday, the social network was rallying 4.5% to $73.11 and had seen a 23.8% boost in share value over the shortened Christmas week.
Demand for the company has reached stratospheric levels. Since its market debut in early November, the stock has surged 181.2% higher than its $26 IPO price and 62.1% over its opening trade of $45.10.
TWTR data by YCharts
"While the Twitter move in December may not have initially begun as a squeeze, it has turned into one. All those folks screaming about valuation have missed a 70% move," wrote Real Money Pro contributor Timothy Collins in his column Thursday. "Even I think the valuation has run way ahead of price at this stage. While the potential for the company remains, buying on anything other than a technical play makes little sense here."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV