5 Things Drivers Need to Do to Stay Safe on Winter Roads
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mother Nature is flexing her muscles this month, especially in the Northern half of the country, which has seen its share of foul weather in December.
With January right around the corner, don't expect a break in that weather. If anything, it'll be worse -- the Farmer's Almanac predicts a winter season that will be frigid with "bitter cold and heavy snow" for much of the country.
With bad weather blowing in, it's smart to prepare now for driving in all that snow, sleet and icy weather.
That's where Geico, the Washington, D.C., insurance carrier, wants to help. The company is out with a checklist of tips and steps to take to handle Mother Nature and Old Man Winter, who seem determined to deliver a blow to travelers over the next few months:first-aid kit, some extra blankets, food and clothing tucked away in the trunk are fine ideas too.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV