As holiday festivities come to an end with full stomachs and fear of the scale, attention turns to the start of 2014 and another year of making resolutions that typically fail. In a new survey released today, Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE: LTM) asked more than 1,400 individuals about the power of making commitments versus resolutions, and found that 75 percent are committing to improving their overall fitness, diet and nutrition in the new year, while only 12 percent noted growing in their work or career and 10 percent noted spending more time with family.
Tens of thousands will commit to a healthy, active life on January 1, 2014 in the second annual Commitment Day 5K Fun Walk/Run. (Photo: Life Time)
The findings were a part of a first-ever survey done by Life Time in honor of Commitment Day, a broad social movement on January 1, symbolizing a commitment to healthy eating, exercise, family, respect, giving and a healthy planet. In 2014, Commitment Day 5K fun walk/run events will be held in 34 cities across the country, with tens of thousands of individuals participating.
“This is the time of year when many people are thinking about making resolutions to improve their health, but it takes a real commitment to achieve long-term success,” said Jeff Zwiefel, Life Time chief of operations and executive vice president. “This survey was eye-opening to learn how people — who’ve already shown some level of commitment to their health — rank their own well-being as they look to 2014. When individuals are healthy, they’re typically in a better position to serve their families and improve their work performance. It’s in this spirit that we hope these findings will drive others to be inspired to make commitments of their own to live healthier, more active lives in the new year starting with Commitment Day on January 1.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV