Trade-Ideas: Fidelity National Financial (FNF) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- FNF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.4 million.
- FNF is up 4.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FNF: Fidelity National Financial, Inc. provides title insurance, mortgage services, and diversified services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. FNF has a PE ratio of 14.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Fidelity National Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Fidelity National Financial has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fidelity National Financial has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 10.5% with 4.83 days to cover. Shares are up 35.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fidelity National Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FNF's share price has surged by 27.45% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FNF should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.30, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL increased its bottom line by earning $2.63 versus $1.26 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 27.4% in earnings ($1.91 versus $2.63).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Fidelity National Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.