Trade-Ideas: Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- CDNS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.7 million.
- CDNS is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CDNS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CDNS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CDNS: Cadence Design Systems, Inc. develops, sells or leases, licenses, and maintains electronic design automation (EDA) software, hardware, verification intellectual property (VIP), and design intellectual property (Design IP) for semiconductor and electronics systems companies worldwide. CDNS has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cadence Design Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Cadence Design Systems has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cadence Design Systems has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 12.7% with 8.32 days to cover. Shares are up 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cadence Design Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CDNS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $98.21 million or 6.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.40%.
- The gross profit margin for CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CDNS's net profit margin of 10.50% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Cadence Design Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts