ROCKVILLE, Md., Dec. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SUPN), a specialty pharmaceutical company, announced today that Michael Bigham, a General Partner at Abingworth has resigned from the company's board of directors, effective December 23, 2013.
"Abingworth remains a significant shareholder in Supernus but as a matter of general practice we limit the time we spend on the boards of our portfolio companies once they have become public companies," said Michael Bigham. Jack Khattar, Chief Executive Officer, President and Director of Supernus commented that, "Since joining the Supernus Board of Directors in 2006, Michael Bigham has been a great contributor providing the Board with great insight and judgment based on his vast experience in the healthcare industry. We will miss him, and are grateful for his service."
About Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products for the treatment of central nervous system, or CNS, diseases. The Company has two marketed products for epilepsy, Oxtellar XR ® (extended-release oxcarbazepine) and Trokendi XR™ (extended-release topiramate). The Company is also developing several product candidates in psychiatry to address large market opportunities in ADHD, including ADHD patients with impulsive aggression. These product candidates include SPN-810 for impulsive aggression in ADHD and SPN-812 for ADHD.
CONTACT: Jack Khattar, President & CEO Gregory S. Patrick, Vice President and CFO Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Tel: (301) 838-2591
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV