JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lender Processing Services, Inc. (NYSE: LPS), a leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics to the mortgage and real estate industries, announced today that the company will have received Federal Trade Commission (FTC) approval of its previously announced acquisition by Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (NYSE:FNF), a leading provider of title insurance and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries, upon the expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern time, on December 24, 2013. As part of the approval, LPS and FNF entered into an Agreement Containing Consent Orders to divest within a period of five months (1) a copy of LPS' title plant assets covering six Oregon counties and (2) FNF's interest in a title plant covering Portland, Oregon. There were no other asset divestitures in the FTC approval of the transaction.
LPS stockholders approved the transaction at a special shareholder meeting on December 19, 2013. Upon the expiration of the waiting period, LPS will have received all necessary approvals to close this transaction, which is scheduled for Jan. 2, 2014.
About Lender Processing ServicesLPS (NYSE: LPS) delivers comprehensive technology solutions and services, as well as powerful data and analytics, to the nation's top mortgage lenders, servicers and investors. As a proven and trusted partner with deep client relationships, LPS offers the only end-to-end suite of solutions that provides major U.S. banks and many federal government agencies the technology and data needed to support mortgage lending and servicing operations, meet unique regulatory and compliance requirements and mitigate risk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV