On 12/26/13, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc's 6.08% Non-cumulative Guaranteed Trust Preferred Securities (RBS.PRG) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.38, payable on 12/31/13. As a percentage of RBS.PRG's recent share price of $21.53, this dividend works out to approximately 1.76%, so look for shares of RBS.PRG to trade 1.76% lower — all else being equal — when RBS.PRG shares open for trading on 12/26/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.03%, which compares to an average yield of 6.58% in the "Banking & Savings" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, RBS.PRG was trading at a 13.48% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of RBS.PRG shares, versus RBS:
Below is a dividend history chart for RBS.PRG, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.38 on Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc's 6.08% Non-cumulative Guaranteed Trust Preferred Securities:
In Tuesday trading, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc's 6.08% Non-cumulative Guaranteed Trust Preferred Securities (RBS.PRG) is currently down about 0.5% on the day, while the common shares (RBS) are up about 1.7%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV