On 12/26/13, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc.'s 6.500% Cumulative Quarterly Income Preferred Securities, Series 2004 (HE.PRU) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4062, payable on 12/31/13. As a percentage of HE.PRU's recent share price of $25.60, this dividend works out to approximately 1.59%, so look for shares of HE.PRU to trade 1.59% lower — all else being equal — when HE.PRU shares open for trading on 12/26/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.29%, which compares to an average yield of 5.37% in the "Utilities" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, HE.PRU was trading at a 3.40% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of HE.PRU shares, versus HE:
Below is a dividend history chart for HE.PRU, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4062 on Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc.'s 6.500% Cumulative Quarterly Income Preferred Securities, Series 2004:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (HE) makes up 1.84% of the SuperDividend U.S. ETF (DIV) which is trading higher by about 0.3% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV