3 Stocks Dragging The Real Estate Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, General Growth Properties ( GGP) is down $0.11 (-0.5%) to $20.28 on light volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of General Growth Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $20.19-$20.46 after having opened the day at $20.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.39. General Growth Properties, Inc is an equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It engages in owning, managing, leasing, and redeveloping high-quality regional malls. General Growth Properties has a market cap of $18.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate General Growth Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Growth Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Get the full General Growth Properties Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts