Shareholders of Lexmark International, Inc. (LXK) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2016 covered call at the $45 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.60 bid, which annualizes to an additional 3.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $45 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but LXK shares would have to climb 28.5% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 36% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
YieldBoost LXK From 3.4% To 7% Using Options
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.