[video] Quick Take: Football Fans Save Money on Beer at the Stadium
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- While ticket prices continue to rise in the National Football League, beer prices have actually fallen, according to TheStreet's Brittany Umar.
During the 2012 season, the average price of beer across NFL stadiums was 43 cents per ounce. This year that figure has dropped to 41 cents per ounce, she said. Eight teams charge just over the average, ringing in at 42 cents per ounce.
Umar added that the Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals and New England Patriots all charge below-average prices, at 39 cents, 38 cents and 38 cents per ounce, respectively.
The New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins currently have the lowest price per ounce at 35 cents. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers came in slightly higher at 36 cents per ounce, Umar said.
She concluded that fans who are attending the Super Bowl in New York this year can plan on paying handsomely for tickets, hotels and, of course, beer. The beverage will run at 42 cents per ounce at the big event.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV