AT&T (NYSE: T) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.40%. AT&T Inc. provides telecommunications services to consumers and businesses in the United States and internationally. The company operates through Wireless, Wireline, and Other segments. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.82. The average volume for AT&T has been 23,831,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. AT&T has a market cap of $180.7 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates AT&T as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- T's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AT&T INC has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AT&T INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.21 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.48 versus $1.21).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $3,635.00 million to $3,814.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.89, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.38 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AT&T INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full AT&T Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts