10. Margin growth. Amazon, by its low-cost nature, cannot have big margins but Google can. 10 points Google to Amazon's seven.
Add them all up and Amazon wins by a hair, 89 to 87.
Off the ChartsIn the "Off The Charts" segment, Cramer went head to head with colleague Bob Lang over the chart of Nasdaq and where it's headed in 2014. Using a long-term monthly chart of the Powershares QQQ (QQQ), Lang noted that the Williams' oscillator has been overbought since 2010, a so-called embedded trend, making it appear as if the rally is unstoppable. The MACD momentum indicator confirmed this thinking. Lang also pointed our that the weekly chart only shows one buyable pullback over the past 12 months, while the daily chart indicated that we're currently on the verge of another rare buyable pullback. Lang also took a look at the Russell 2000 small-cap index and found that it, too, has an embedded overbought condition and should also be bought. Cramer said he never trades on technicals alone, but using them to gain a edge is always a good idea. Based on what he sees, Cramer said the Nasdaq and the Russell are buys on any weakness.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said he's always looking for stocks that act as keys to where the market is headed. Currently, that stock is General Electric (GE). GE and many of the industrials have been on a tear as the global economy has been on the mend. But today GE received a downgrade on fears that the run may now be over. Where GE's stock heads next will lead the markets, Cramer noted. Cramer said he thinks the downgrade is premature, which is why he still owns shares for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV