Best Buy (BBY) takes the number three spot in the S&P last year with a 236% gain. Cramer said new management and new vigor makes this stock a buy on any weakness.
At the number four spot is Cramer's favorite among the group, Delta Airlines (DAL), with a 131% gain. He said this stock is still a high flier and he likes the newfound oligopoly among the airlines, which makes Delta and American Airlines (AAL) both buy, buy, buys.
Add Vroom to Your Portfolio
Every portfolio needs a turbocharged growth stock, Cramer told viewers, but choosing between stocks like Amazon.com (AMZN) and Google (GOOG) doesn't have to be difficult using his 10-point scale for rating growth companies.1. Multi-year growth. Cramer said Amazon is taking market share while Google remains a powerhouse in search. He gave 10 points to Amazon, seven to Google for its lack of China exposure. 2. Total addressable market. Amazon has the largest market in the world while Google has gigantic opportunities in PCs, phones and online. Both companies get 10 points. 3. Staying competitive. Amazon innovates at every turn but Google faces a resurgent Yahoo! (YHOO). Amazon, 10, Google, eight. 4. Use of cash. Cramer said you can't penalize Amazon for spending but Google has been overpaying for things like Motorola. Nine points to Amazon, seven to Google. 5. International. Amazon still has incredible opportunities overseas but Google already gets half its profits there. 10 points Amazon, eight to Google. 6. Balance sheet. Both companies pass with flying colors, 10 points each. 7. The "out" years. Amazon is expensive using 2018 estimates but probably worth it. Google is a steal with single-digit price-earnings ratios. Five points Amazon, 10 points Google.
8. Management. Amazon may be lost without CEO Jeff Bezos but Google seems to have a stable of talent. 10 points Google, only eight for Amazon. 9. Reliance on economy. Ad spending goes down during recessions but Amazon seems to keep on chugging. 10 points Amazon, nine for Google.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV