3 Credit Card Tips to Wrap Up Your Holiday Spending
Many holiday bills are shipped before "Blue Monday," the third Monday in January -- what some social scientists bill as the "most depressing day of the year."
Blue Monday or not, this year, TransUnion estimates that consumers will experience $131 billion in sticker shock, also known as the amount shoppers will spend using their credit cards this month.
That's a big number, suggesting Americans are back to overspending during the Christmas season and will be back to opening fat credit card bills come January.rewards point go unused. The holidays may offer up numerous ways to unsheathe your credit card, but it also offers plenty of ways to cash in on rewards points, travel perks and cash-back deals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV