SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Dec. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGNT) today announced the launch of Octreotide Acetate Injection, a Somatostatin Analog, in five vial presentations. According to IMS, for the 12 months ending October 2013, the US market for Octreotide Acetate Injection approximated $45 million. As with all products in Sagent's portfolio, Octreotide features the company's PreventIV Measures SM packaging and labeling, designed to help reduce medication errors.
About Octreotide Acetate Injection
Octreotide Acetate Injection is indicated to reduce blood levels of growth hormone and IGF-I (somatomedin C) in acromegaly patients who have had inadequate response to or cannot be treated with surgical resection, pituitary irradiation, and bromocriptine mesylate at maximally tolerated doses.The package insert, available at www.sagentpharma.com , contains the indications, boxed warning, complete side effect profile, and prescribing information. About Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, sourcing and marketing pharmaceutical products, with a specific emphasis on injectables. Sagent has created a unique global network of resources, comprising rapid development capabilities, sophisticated manufacturing and innovative drug delivery technologies, resulting in an extensive and rapidly expanding pharmaceutical product portfolio that fulfills the evolving needs of patients.
CONTACT: INVESTOR CONTACT: Jonathon Singer, Sagent 847-908-1605 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV