10 Best Charities for Christmas 2013
8. Carnegie Institution for Science
The Carnegie Institution for Science, founded in 1902 by American steel magnate Andrew Carnegie, is an organization devoted to scientific discovery. The charity focuses on research in earth science, plant and developmental biology and astronomy.
Based on data from Charity Navigator, the charity has achieved the highest rating for fiscal responsibility and excellence for 13 consecutive years. For fiscal 2012, of the $121.69 million raised, 86.2% went directly towards research and development.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts