NATCHEZ, Miss., Dec. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE: CPE) ("Callon" or the "Company") today confirmed that Lone Star Value Management (" Lone Star") has filed notice to nominate two candidates to stand for election to Callon's Board of Directors at the 2014 Annual Meeting.
The Company issued the following statement:
Callon's Board of Directors and management team are fully committed to creating value for all Callon shareholders and welcome shareholder input regarding this objective. We have had conversations with Lone Star and will consider its suggestions, just as the Company does for all Callon shareholders.Callon's Board and management deliver on the promises we make. Through focused execution, we have sold noncore assets in the Gulf of Mexico and successfully completed Callon's transformation to an onshore operator. As a result, we have optimized and de-risked the Company's asset base, lowered its cost of capital, and established a solid track record of both production and reserve growth. Our record of achievement has led to a 74% increase in Callon's stock price since April when we announced our intention to exit the Gulf of Mexico and become an onshore operator, and a 29% increase in Callon's stock price over the past year, outperforming the SIG Oil Exploration & Production Index as well as the S&P 500 in both periods. Importantly, we are well-positioned to build on this strong momentum. Infrastructure is in place to accelerate our drilling activity in the Permian Basin, where we expect our production to ramp up significantly in the near-term. Indeed, we expect more than 60% growth in production over the next year, with 25 new horizontal wells scheduled to come online during this timeframe. This growth, together with additional actions we are taking to further expand our drilling inventory, is expected to drive even greater value creation for Callon shareholders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV