The number of ConAgra Foods facilities achieving ENERGY STAR® certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) continues to grow. The company’s latest class of ENERGY STAR achievers includes eight operations, one of which, the ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston/BSW facility in Warden, Wash., is receiving an ENERGY STAR for the first time.
“Receiving the ENERGY STAR certification is a testament to our employees’ ongoing commitment to operating sustainably,” said Marcella Thompson, director, Sustainable Development, ConAgra Foods. “Throughout our operations, teams of employees tirelessly investigate new ways to conserve energy and remain good stewards of the environment. The eight facilities singled out by the EPA represent our top performers, and serve as examples of what we can all achieve when working together.”
ConAgra Foods’ ENERGY STAR recipients are:
- Boardman, Ore.
- Park Rapids, Minn.
- Quincy, Wash.
- Richland, Wash.
- Ripon, Wis.
- South Beloit, Ill.
- Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Warden, Wash. (first time certification)
ConAgra Foods facilities receiving ENERGY STAR certification perform in the top 25 percent of similar operations nationwide for energy efficiency. They also meet strict energy efficiency performance levels set by the EPA.“Improving the energy efficiency of our nation’s industrial facilities is critical to protecting our environment,” said Jean Lupinacci, chief of the ENERGY STAR Commercial & Industrial Branch. “From the plant floor to the board room, organizations are leading the way by making their facilities more efficient and earning EPA’s ENERGY STAR certification.” ENERGY STAR was introduced by EPA in 1992 as a voluntary, market-based partnership to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency. In 2008, ConAgra Foods and other food companies worked alongside the EPA to develop the energy performance standards now used to determine ENERGY STAR certification in the food industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV