New Lifetime High For Jarden Corporation (JAH)
- JAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.2 million.
- JAH has traded 2.9 million shares today.
- JAH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JAH: Jarden Corporation manufactures, markets, and distributes consumer products in the Unites States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. JAH has a PE ratio of 30.4. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Jarden Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Jarden Corporation has been 952,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jarden has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.13 days to cover. Shares are up 70.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jarden Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JARDEN CORP has improved earnings per share by 27.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JARDEN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.09 versus $1.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.56 versus $2.09).
- JAH's revenue growth trails the industry average of 29.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 27.49% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 68.82% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 69.80% to $104.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, JARDEN CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 85.90%.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 23.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $76.90 million to $94.90 million.
- You can view the full Jarden Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts