The one name on the KBW list rated "underperform" by the firm is
(CFR) of San Antonio. The rating reflects a premium valuation for the shares, which in turn reflects the company's very long and very consistent track record of strong earnings performance, with no surprises. The bank was one of the strongest industry earners for the 10-year period through 2012,
with no surprises.
Cullen/Frost had $23.5 billion in total assets as of Sept. 20. The company's ROTCE for the first three quarters of 2013 was 13.02%. The shares closed at $72.93 Friday and traded for 2.4 time tangible book value, for 17.9 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $4.07, and for 17.1 times the consensus 2015 EPS estimate of $4.25.
The following chart shows Cullen/Frost's stock performance this year, against the KBW Bank Index and the S&P 500:
CFR data by YCharts
Interested in more on Cullen/Frost Bankers? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
>Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV