Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) today announced that Robb Voyles will become executive vice president and general counsel effective Jan. 1, 2014. He will assume the position from Bert Cornelison, who will retire pursuant to company policy in April 2014. Cornelison will remain with the company until his retirement to assist with the transition of his duties.
Cornelison has served as Halliburton’s general counsel since 2002, advising the company on numerous, complex legal matters. He began his career at Halliburton in 1994 as vice president and associate general counsel, leading the company’s intellectual property, environmental and litigation practice groups.
"Bert has played a key leadership role in legal matters related to our company's growth and expansion for the past 20 years," said Dave Lesar, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Halliburton. "We are grateful he will be able to assist with the transition of his responsibilities and are fortunate to have an executive of Robb’s caliber to step into the leadership role at this time.”
Voyles joined Halliburton earlier this year from Baker Botts L.L.P., where he had practiced law since 1987. He was chair of the firm’s Litigation Department and a member of its Executive Committee.ABOUT HALLIBURTON Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With more than 75,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in approximately 80 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field. Visit the company’s website at www.halliburton.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV