TORONTO, Dec. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morganti Legal, P.C., a cross border law firm that represents investors is investigating whether Barclays plc (NYSE: "BCS" and LSE: "BARC") misled investors about its investment quality between July 2007 and June 2012.
During June 2012, Barclays plc paid $450 million to resolve regulatory investigations of its role in manipulating certain interest-rates, such as LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate). On December 7, 2013, it was reported that Ricardo Master Fund, a Barclays' offshore fund, profited over two hundred million dollars from its interest rate derivative business linked to LIBOR. These profits were never shared with Barclays' shareholders, yet, those shareholders may have been economically injured when Barclays paid hundreds of millions in regulatory fines in June 2012 and its stock dropped more than 10% on news of the fines. It appears that Barclays delisted its Ricardo Master Fund just weeks prior to paying the $450 million fine.
Morganti Legal, P.C. is evaluating possible claims on behalf of Canadians who held Barclays' securities listed on the London Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange. You may contact Andrew Morganti by telephone at (416) 800-2171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Morganti Legal, P.C. is a law firm that investigates, litigates and resolves economic and financial disputes. You may learn more about Morganti Legal, P.C., at www.morgantilegal.com.This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules. SOURCE Morganti Legal, P.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV