If not, here's a quick, but thorough account from Business Insider.
Even though I don't condone or support what she said ...
I'll be accused of condoning it, supporting it, thinking it myself, giving Justine a free pass or wanting to have sex with her because she looks sort of hot in her profile picture. I'm not trying to be funny. These are the responses some cross section of readers will come with. I've seen it happen -- to me and others -- too many times before in similar situations. Because that's the type of society we live in now. One where we use the immediacy, ubiquitousness and convenience of social media to beat the living hell out of somebody else because she (gasp) made a mistake or he took an opinion (like I am) that you know you can get others to join you in mocking and denouncing. While I don't want my child growing up in a world where people think of homosexuality the way the guy from "Duck Dynasty" does or people make idiotic and seemingly racist statements like Sacco did, I also don't want her moving up the ranks of a culture that doesn't give second chances. I know what you're thinking. She'll get a second chance. IAC canned her, but, like a politician or star athlete, she'll rehabilitate herself, put some of her presumed PR savvy to work and, before you know it, be gainfully employed elsewhere. It will be OK when she gets a second chance. Business Insider will run a story about it. Relatively speaking, the reaction will be muted. Because, she only gets a second chance after this social media collective we're all part of comes to an unofficial consensus that the public humiliation reached the necessary level. What crap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV