Here Are the Industries We Curse at Most for Bad Customer Service
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- So you were left to stew in your own juices by a customer service representative, so much so that you went Defcon 1 over the phone, unleashing a torrent of curses that would make a sailor blush?
Hey, relax. You're in good company -- if, that is, you unloaded on certain industries.
Marchex says so in a survey detailing which of 20 service industries consumers are most likely to swear at over service issues.
First on the list of "F-bomb" focal points is the satellite television industry, with one of every 82 phone calls resulting in customers cursing at service representatives.separate study last May, Marchex revealed the states where consumers made the most and least obscenity-laden calls. On the "swear like a sailors" list were Ohio, Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland and Louisiana. (Imagine being cursed at in Cajun!) On the "goody two-shoes" list were Massachusetts (all those championships from the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins have apparently calmed the nerves of Bay State dwellers), Washington, Arizona, Texas and Virginia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV