Axiall Corporation announced that today at approximately 1:40 p.m. Central time, a fire occurred in the vinyl chloride manufacturing area of the company’s Lake Charles chemicals complex in Louisiana. The fire was extinguished at approximately 2:38 p.m. Central time. There were no injuries to plant personnel.
Authorities issued a shelter in place order and closed I-10. At approximately 2:52 p.m., authorities lifted the shelter in place order, and they reopened I-10 at approximately 2:55 p.m. Axiall’s investigation into the cause of the fire is continuing, and we are coordinating with the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality and other authorities.
Axiall Corporation (NYSE: AXLL) is a leading integrated chemicals and building products company. It is an international manufacturer of chlor-alkali and derivatives, chlorovinyls and aromatics products including chlorine, caustic soda, vinyl chloride monomer, chlorinated solvents, calcium hypochlorite, ethylene dichloride, muriatic acid, phosgene derivatives, polyvinyl chloride, vinyl compounds, acetone, cumene and phenol. It also manufactures vinyl-based building and home improvement products that are marketed under Royal Building Products, Celect™, Zuri™, Kor Flo™, Overture, S4S and Exterior Portfolio brands, including window and door profiles, mouldings, siding, pipe and pipe fittings, and decking. Axiall, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, has manufacturing facilities located throughout North America and in Asia to provide industry-leading materials and services to customers. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV