BC-US--Business Features Digest, US
The business news enterprise package planned through Dec. 24. For comments or questions, call 212-621-1680. For questions about photos, call ext. 1900. For questions about graphics, call ext. 7636. Repeats of stories are available from http://apexchange.com or the Service Desk, 1-800-838-4616.
Adds: BIZARRE TECH GIFTS; HEALTH INSURERS-BALANCING GAME
Eds: Will be updated.
BIZARRE TECH GIFTSNEW YORK a¿¿It's tough to shop for cutting-edge techies. They seem to own everything with a plug or rechargeable battery. But fear not, a slew of offbeat technology gifts have hit the market just in time for Christmas. While gadgets like the popcorn-scented iPhone "Pop Dongle" and Hammacher Schlemmer's "Personal Submarine" may seem a bit wacky, it's doubtful that the techies in your life own anything similar. Here's a round-up of the season's most bizarre technology fare. By Bree Fowler. Eds: 800 words sent Friday for use anytime. AP photos. HEALTH INSURERS-BALANCING GAME INDIANAPOLIS a¿¿ For many Americans, the initial problems with the government's main health care website carry a far greater risk than frequent crashes and slow response times: If technical troubles scare off the young, healthy customers the system depends on, higher premiums could soon follow for older, sicker people. By Tom Murphy. Eds: 920 words sent Thursday for use anytime. AP photos. FAKE GIFTS NEW YORK a¿¿ Not long ago, finding a knockoff of an item you really wanted under the tree was a big disappointment. But this year, "faux fur" and "vegan leather" are all the rage. But this is not your mother's "pleather," the plastic-y leather popular in the 80s. Designers from Tom Ford to Rag & Bone are sending faux leather pieces down the runway in fall collections and celebrities from Anne Hathaway to Kate Hudson are strutting on the red carpet in faux leather and fur. By Mae Anderson.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV