NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rite Aid (RAD) shed further share value during Friday's trading session, ending the week nearly 12% lower than the previous week's close. On Friday alone, the pharmacy chain was off 4.6% to $4.93.
The losses come a day after the Camp Hill, Penn.-based business reported third-quarter net income of 7 cents a share on revenue of $6.35 billion.
While earnings beat consensus, the company downwardly-revised its projected earnings to between 17 cents and 23 cents a share from previous guidance of 18 cents to 27 cents a share. Analysts polled by Yahoo! Finance had expected 23 cents a share for the fiscal year.
TheStreet Ratings team rates Rite Aid Corp as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate RITE AID CORP (RAD) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RAD Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV