Looking for an Investment? 9 Franchises for About $100K
6. Wholesome Tummies
School lunch delivery service
Initial Investment: $77,000-$115,000
Wholesome Tummies is joining the small but growing group of companies that are looking to break the school lunch barrier by providing a healthy lunch delivery service.
The franchisee receives orders via parents and prepares meals fresh each day in a commercial kitchen. Meals are then delivered to school in time for lunch or served right on campus in schools with on-site kitchens.
Wholesome Tummies currently has 18 locations open, with plans to end 2013 with 25. It works with about 100 private and charter schools and is looking to expand. Eventually, the goal is for Wholesome Tummies to have 250 franchised locations, 2,000 school contracts and system-wide sales of $200 million, co-founder Debbie Blacher told TheStreet last month.A start-up investment typically ranges from about $77,000 to $115,000, not terrible when compared to the hundreds of thousands needed for other fast-food franchises. The investment includes the $30,000 franchise fee and a $5,000 software license fee. It also includes capital needed to hire a trained chef, kitchen staff and marketing team as well as lease -- at least initially -- a commissary kitchen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV