Looking for an Investment? 9 Franchises for About $100K
5. Doc Popcorn
Popcorn retail franchise
Initial Investment: $72,000-$160,000
Doc Popcorn, is a Boulder, Colo.-based franchisor of fresh-popped natural flavored popcorn. Ten years ago, Rob and Renee Israel launched Doc Popcorn, when natural food products did not get a fraction of the attention they get today.
The company uses non-GMO popping corn, 100% corn oil and quality natural ingredients to produce a snack that's low in fat, cholesterol free and has zero grams of trans fat. All of Doc Popcorn's flavors are gluten-free, wheat-free and nut-free.
The company has 83 units in 25 states, with plans for 100 units to be open by the end of the year."We are revolutionizing how popcorn is produced and served in high-traffic venues by taking a commodity product, much like Starbucks SBUX did with coffee, and making it better tasting, higher-quality and better for you," the company said. "Doc Popcorn is a low-cost business opportunity for people who want to own and operate a simple business model that is fun for the whole family." Franchisees, known as POPrietors, can buy a single unit or multiple units in different sizes for different types of venues -- a PopKiosk, a mobile PopCart, the larger PopShop, as well as Master Franchise agreements internationally. To qualify for a PopCart operation, franchisees need to demonstrate liquid capital available of at least $100,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV