Looking for an Investment? 9 Franchises for About $100K
3. Mosquito Squad
Outdoor Pest Control
Initial Investment: $65,000
Looking for a great starter franchise? Mosquito Squad may be an option.
Mosquito Squad creates a pest and disease-free outdoor living space for homeowners and their pets.
The company was bought by Outdoor Living Brands in 2009. At the time it only had 17 units. Today the company has 135 franchised units across the U.S. and is adding about 25-30 units a year, said David Buchel, its franchise recruitment coordinator.Initial investment is low and includes a $25,000 franchise fee, $25,000 for marketing purposes and about $15,000 on equipment. According to its Web site, customer retention rate was about 72% from 2010 to 2011. A franchisee's average annual revenue hovers around $355,000 for those in business at least three years, according to the Mosquito Squad Web site. The concept is appealing to franchisees because the business model is simple. "It's a route-based business. It's not overly involved. You've got low overhead, a low number of employees to start, the business is scalable so as the business grows you grow," Buchel said. "It's a wonderful starter business ... for someone that's never come into franchising before. It's very easy to wrap your head around."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV