The law firm of Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces that it is investigating the actions of the Board of Directors and senior management of The Jones Group Inc. (“The Jones Group” or the “Company”) (NYSE:JNY) for potential breaches of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of the Company to affiliates of Sycamore Partners. Under the terms of the merger agreement, affiliates of Sycamore Partners will acquire The Jones Group for $15.00 per share in cash, or a total of approximately $1.2 billion. The transaction is valued at approximately $2.2 billion, including net debt. Upon completion of the transaction, The Jones Group will become a privately held company.
The investigation concerns whether The Jones Group Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to stockholders by failing to consider all available strategic alternatives and conduct a sufficient process. The offer represents a mere 6% premium to the Company’s closing stock price on December 19, 2013, and a significant discount to the stock’s closing prices over the past few months, including its high of $17.69 on August 5, 2013. At least one analyst assigned a $17.00 per share price target for the Company, prior to the announcement.
Wolf Haldenstein has represented individual and institutional investors for many years, serving as lead counsel in numerous cases in United States federal and state courts. Please visit the Wolf Haldenstein website ( http://www.whafh.com) for more information about the firm. For further information on this matter please click here.
Please contact us if you are a stockholder of The Jones Group securities who purchased shares before December 19, 2013, and wish to discuss this matter. There is no cost to stockholders.Gregory M. Nespole, Esq.Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP270 Madison AvenueNew York, New York 10016 Phone Numbers:(800) 575-0735(212) 545-4657
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV