NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The most fun part of managing money is getting to learn about the different and crazy ways that people earn a living, often a very good living.
If you met the person who started a company called LKQ (LKQ) and asked him what his company did, he would tell you he was in the used car-parts business. Does that strike you as a person on the road to riches? Probably not.
Look again: LKQ is a $10 billion large-cap company that just so happens to be America's largest supplier of recycled, aftermarket and reconditioned car and truck parts as well as heavy-duty truck parts. It was founded in 1998 and now has more than 500 facilities in Canada, Central America, Europe, Mexico and the U.S.
That's not exactly Fred Sanford running a junk yard.Data from Best Stocks Now App LKQ is also a stock I've mentioned before. In May the company announced its acquisition of Sator Beheer, the European equivalent of LKQ. Upon announcement, LKQ stock broke out. At the beginning of this month LKQ announced yet another acquisition -- Keystone Automotive. Again the stock broke out and I finally got back in. Why? Because LKQ qualifies as a Best Stock Now on the following three criteria: Performance Number one is performance. LKQ is one of the top-performing stocks in the entire market. I bet you're scratching your head right now over this stock you've never heard of. Data from Best Stocks Now App Over the last 10 years, LKQ has delivered 32% per year along with fenders for 1969 Datsuns! Over the last five years LKQ has delivered 47% per year. Over the last three years LKQ has delivered 42% to investors and over the last 12 months LKQ is up 55%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV