On 12/24/13, Protective Life Corp.'s 6 1/8% Trust Originated Preferred Securities (PL.PRB) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.3828, payable on 12/30/13. As a percentage of PL.PRB's recent share price of $24.87, this dividend works out to approximately 1.54%, so look for shares of PL.PRB to trade 1.54% lower — all else being equal — when PL.PRB shares open for trading on 12/24/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.22%, which compares to an average yield of 5.95% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, PL.PRB was trading at a 1.60% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of PL.PRB shares, versus PL:
Below is a dividend history chart for PL.PRB, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.3828 on Protective Life Corp.'s 6 1/8% Trust Originated Preferred Securities:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Protective Life Corp. (PL) makes up 2.16% of the SPDR S&P Insurance ETF (KIE) which is trading up by about 0.8% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV