NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 jumped at the open and closed at a record high once again.
On CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, Tim Seymour, managing partner of Triogem Asset Management, said this is not a sell-the-news event and shares of Apple closed above an important level. He added that the Chinese New Year will drive stronger profits in AAPL's second fiscal quarter.
Josh Brown, a financial adviser at Ritholtz Wealth Management, said AAPL's earnings power significantly increases with the CHL deal. He added that shares have a lot upside now with strong technicals and fundamentals.Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said the next level for AAPL is $585. He suggested that Jabil Circuit (JBL) and Nuance Communications (NUAN) still have room to the upside. Stuart Frankel & Company's Steve Grasso said he would have preferred for the stock to clear the previous high of $575 before getting long. He added that this season's holiday buying appears very strong. Dennis Gartman, publisher of The Gartman Letter, was a guest on the show. He still likes equities and believes in a continued global recovery. He added that if there is one thing for investors to worry about, it's the liquidity issues in China, although he thinks the situation will likely work out fine. He likes aluminum, zinc and tin. Brown said Amazon (AMZN) is a good company but the stock has run too far for investors to buy. Grasso disagreed, saying the stock continues to go higher despite the doubters questioning its valuation. He likes the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV