Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:40 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Morgan Stanley says Monster Beverage (MNST) is undervalued. Cramer said investors should use caution. MNSTG closed down 1.5% at $66.78.
Goldman Sachs upgraded Xilinx (XLNX) to buy from neutral. Cramer, whose charitable trust Action Alerts PLUS holds the stock, said that "finally the Chinese orders are coming through" and "Moshe Gavrielov is an excellent CEO." XLNX rose 5 cents to $45.97.
"If you like value, this is value," Cramer said of Ascena Retail Group (ASNA). He added that David Jaffe, the CEO and president of ASNA, is smart. ASNA was up 4.2% at $22.04.Jefferies says to buy ANN (ANN) and Cramer agrees. He liked ANN's last quarterly earnings. ANN rose 4.8% to $38.31. In the health care REIT space, Cramer said Ventas (VTR) is run well, but for that company and Health Care REIT (HCN) there is "too much supply of senior housing." VTR fell 1% to $56.82. Duke Energy (DUK) is at the "forefront of exporting natural gas," Cramer said. He really loves the company, saying it's "one of my favorite utilities, forever." He added that DUK is "very well run" and "very shareholder-friendly." DUK closed 1.3% lower at $68.14. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV