IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI) Showing Signs Of Perilous Reversal Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified IAC/InterActiveCorp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IACI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.9 million.
- IACI has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- IACI is down 3% today.
- IACI was up 14% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IACI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IACI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on IACI: IAC/InterActiveCorp operates as a media and Internet company in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. IACI has a PE ratio of 21.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate IAC/InterActiveCorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for IAC/InterActiveCorp has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. IAC/InterActiveCorp has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 0.50 and a short float of 6.6% with 2.77 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IAC/InterActiveCorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 29.12%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IACI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 138.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.72 million to $96.94 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, IAC/INTERACTIVECORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full IAC/InterActiveCorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV