PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN) (the "Fund"), a closed-end equity fund, announced today that it will pay a dividend of US$0.88983 per share on January 17, 2014 to all shareholders of record as of December 31, 2013. This distribution is comprised of $0.08117 per share of net investment income, $0.00322 per share of net realized short-term capital gains and $0.80544 per share of net realized long-term capital gains.
In January 2014, a Form 1099-DIV will be sent to shareholders, which will state the amount and composition of distributions and provide information with respect to their appropriate tax treatment for the 2013 calendar year.
The Fund is managed and advised by Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited. The Fund's shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol "IFN".You should not draw any conclusions about the Fund's investment performance from the amount of this distribution or from the terms of the Fund's Plan. Closed-end funds are traded on the secondary market through one of the stock exchanges. The Fund's investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares may be worth more or less than the original cost. Shares of closed-end funds may trade above (a premium) or below (a discount) the net asset value (NAV) of the fund's portfolio. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objective. If you wish to receive this information electronically, please contact InvestorRelations@aberdeen-asset.com www.aberdeenifn.com SOURCE The India Fund, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV