1. As of noon trading, Gilead ( GILD) is up $1.35 (1.8%) to $74.78 on average volume. Thus far, 5.6 million shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $73.73-$74.83 after having opened the day at $73.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.43. Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, Europe, and Asia. Gilead has a market cap of $112.8 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 100.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Gilead Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts