A day earlier, the software developer gave lower-than-expected guidance estimates for the first quarter, expecting net income of between 17 cents and 18 cents a share on revenue in the range of $247 million to $253 million. Analysts polled by Yahoo! Finance expected earnings of 21 cents a share on $255.35 million in revenue.
Also a cause for concern, fourth-quarter license revenue of $139.8 million was in the mid-range of guidance projections, indicating sluggish service and maintenance revenue further down the line.
TheStreet Ratings team rates Tibco Software Inc as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. The team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate Tibco Software Inc (TIBX) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TIBX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV