ITASCA, Ill., Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced that it has acquired Barmore Insurance Agency, Inc. located in Houston, Texas. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1952, Barmore Insurance Agency (Barmore) is an insurance broker providing retail and wholesale commercial property/casualty, employee benefits and risk management insurance products and services for their middle-market clients throughout the south central United States. They specialize in construction, engineering, industrial, non-profits and public entity coverage. Mike Barmore, Bill Barmore and their associates will continue to operate at their current location under the direction of Mike Henthorn, head of Gallagher's South Central retail property/casualty brokerage operations.
"Barmore has an outstanding reputation for their team's depth of expertise, solid market relationships, and focus on quality client service which makes them a great cultural match for us," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Chairman, President and CEO. "Their emphasis on the middle-market and niche specializations will be an excellent complement to our South Central operations. We are extremely pleased to welcome Mike, Bill and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 24 countries and offers client-service capabilities in more than 140 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.Contact: Marsha AkinDirector – Investor Relations630-285-3501 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV